verb (used with object), dis·bud·ded, dis·bud·ding. Horticulture.
- to remove leaf buds or shoots from (a plant) to produce a certain shape or effect.
- to remove certain flower buds from (a plant) to improve the quality and size of the remaining flowers.
- to dehorn (livestock) by removing the horn bud or preventing its further development.
verb -buds, -budding or -budded
- to remove superfluous buds, flowers, or shoots from (a plant, esp a fruit tree)
- vet science to remove the horn buds of (calves, lambs, and kids) to prevent horns growing