verb (used with object)
- to separate or disconnect the joints or joinings of.
- to put out of order; derange.
verb (used without object)
- to come apart.
- to be dislocated; be out of joint.
- (of two sets) having no common elements.
- (of a system of sets) having the property that every pair of sets is disjoint.
- Obsolete. disjointed; out of joint.
- to take apart or come apart at the joints
- (tr) to disunite or disjoin
- to dislocate or become dislocated
- (tr; usually passive) to end the unity, sequence, or coherence of
- maths (of two sets) having no members in common
- obsolete disjointed
- To put out of joint; dislocate.