- characterized by disorder; irregular; untidy; confused: a disorderly desk.
- unruly; turbulent; tumultuous: a disorderly mob.
- Law. contrary to public order or morality.
- in a disorderly manner.
- untidy; irregular
- uncontrolled; unruly
- law violating public peace or order
- in an irregular or confused manner
1580s, “opposed to moral order,” also “opposed to legal authority;” see dis- + orderly (adj.). The meaning “untidy” is attested from 1630s; the older senses are those in disorderly house, disorderly conduct, etc.