noun, plural dis·pen·sa·ries.
- a place where something is dispensed, especially medicines.
- a charitable or public facility where medicines are furnished and free or inexpensive medical advice is available.
noun plural -ries
- a place where medicine and medical supplies are dispensed
“place for weighing out medicines,” 1690s, from Medieval Latin dispensarius “one who dispenses,” from Latin dispensare (see dispense).
- An office in a hospital or other institution from which medical supplies and medicines are dispensed.
- A public institution that dispenses medicines or medical aid.
- An outpatient department of a hospital.