- an act or instance of disposing; arrangement: the disposal of the troops.
- a disposing of or getting rid of something: the disposal of waste material.
- a disposing or allotting of, as by gift or sale; bestowal or assignment: She left no will to indicate the disposal of her possessions.
- power or right to dispose of a thing; control: left at his disposal.
- an electrical device in the drain of a sink, for grinding up garbage to be washed down the drain.
- the act or means of getting rid of something
- placement or arrangement in a particular order
- a specific method of tending to matters, as in business
- the act or process of transferring something to or providing something for another
- the power or opportunity to make use of someone or something (esp in the phrase at one’s disposal)
- a means of destroying waste products, as by grinding into particles
see put at someone’s disposal.