- a deep sound like that of a large bell.
noun, plural dong.
- the basic monetary unit of Vietnam, equal to 100 hao: replaced the southern piaster and the northern dong in 1978.
noun Slang: Vulgar.
- the deep reverberating sound of a large bell
- Australian and NZ informal a heavy blow
- a slang word for
- (intr) (of a bell) to make a deep reverberating sound
- (tr) Australian and NZ informal to strike or punch
- the standard monetary unit of Vietnam, divided into 10 hào or 100 xu
“penis,” 1891, of unknown origin.