- decistere; decisteres.
Symbol, Chemistry, Physics.
- (formerly) dysprosium.
- dear/darling son (used, especially by women, in digital communications to refer to one’s son): DS has no friends in school.
noun, plural D’s or Ds, d’s or ds.
- the fourth letter of the English alphabet, a consonant.
- any spoken sound represented by the letter D or d, as in dog, ladder, ladle, or pulled.
- something having the shape of a D.
- a written or printed representation of the letter D or d.
- a device, as a printer’s type, for reproducing the letter D or d.
- daylight saving.
- Commerce. days after sight.Also D/S
- document signed.
- Music. from the sign.
- Doctor of Science.
- Also: ds music dal segno
- Detective Sergeant
- The symbol for darmstadtium.
- Abbreviation of diameter
- A synthetic radioactive element, first produced by bombarding lead atoms with nickel atoms. It has a mass number of 281, and its most stable isotope has a half-life of over one minute. Atomic number 110. See Periodic Table.