adjective, earth·i·er, earth·i·est.
- of the nature of or consisting of earth or soil.
- characteristic of earth: an earthy smell.
- realistic; practical.
- coarse or unrefined: an earthy sense of humor.
- direct; robust; unaffected: an earthy, generous woman.
- (of a mineral) having a dull luster and rough to the touch.
- Archaic. worldly; pertaining to the earth.
adjective earthier or earthiest
- of, composed of, or characteristic of earth
- robust, lusty, or uninhibited
- unrefined, coarse, or crude
- an archaic word for worldly (def. 1)
- electrical engineering on the earthed side of an electrical circuit, but not necessarily with a direct current connection to earth