verb (used with object), e·lec·tri·fied, e·lec·tri·fy·ing.
- to charge with or subject to electricity; apply electricity to.
- to supply (a region, community, etc.) with electric power: The valley wasn’t electrified until 1936.
- to equip for the use of electric power, as a railroad.
- to excite greatly; thrill: to electrify an audience.
verb -fies, -fying or -fied (tr)
- to adapt or equip (a system, device, etc) for operation by electrical power
- to charge with or subject to electricity
- to startle or excite intensely; shock or thrill