- the branch of chemistry that deals with the chemical changes produced by electricity and the production of electricity by chemical changes.
- of or relating to electrochemistry
- the branch of chemistry concerned with the study of electric cells and electrolysis
- Of or relating to chemical reactions brought about by electricity; galvanochemical.
- The scientific study of the electrical aspects of chemical reactions, especially the changes they bring about in the arrangement and energy of electrons. Electrochemistry is vital to the study of electrolysis, power generation by electric cells, and the transmission of electrical signals by neurons.