- the phenomena associated with electric and magnetic fields and their interactions with each other and with electric charges and currents.
- Also electromagnetics. the science that deals with these phenomena.
- magnetism produced by an electric current
- Also called: electromagnetics the branch of physics concerned with magnetism produced by electric currents and with the interaction of electric and magnetic fields
- Any of the wide range of phenomena associated with the behavior and interaction of electric charges and electric and magnetic fields, such as electricity, magnetism, chemical bonds, and all forms of electromagnetic radiation, including light.