- the act of eliminating.
- the state of being eliminated.
- Mathematics. the process of solving a system of simultaneous equations by using various techniques to remove the variables successively.
- Sports. a game, bout, or match in a tournament in which an individual or team is eliminated from the competition after one defeat.
- the act of eliminating or the state of being eliminated
- logic (qualified by the name of an operation) a syntactic rule specifying the conditions under which a formula or statement containing the specified operation may permit the derivation of others that do not contain itconjunction-elimination; universal elimination
- chem a type of chemical reaction involving the loss of a simple molecule, such as water or carbon dioxide
c.1600, “a casting out,” noun of action from eliminate. Meaning “expulsion of waste matter” is from 1855.
- The process of expelling or removing, especially of waste products from the body.