- Alexander JohnAlexander John Sharpe, 1814–90, English phonetician and mathematician.
- (Henry) Have·lock [hav-lok] /ˈhæv lɒk/, 1859–1939, English psychologist and writer.
noun Scandinavian Mythology.
- an old woman, a personification of old age, who defeated Thor in a wrestling match.
- Alexander John . 1814–90, English philologist: made the first systematic survey of the phonology of British dialects
- (Henry) Havelock (ˈhævlɒk). 1859–1939, English essayist: author of works on the psychology of sex
- British psychologist and writer known for his pioneering works on sexuality, such as Studies in the Psychology of Sex (seven volumes, 1897-1928).