- emergency medical service.
- Digital Technology. enhanced message service: a system for sending long or formatted text messages, images, music, etc., from one cell phone to another.Compare SMS(def 1a).
- European Monetary System.
- express mail service: an international service offered by the postal operators of the Universal Postal Union (UPU).
noun, plural ems.
- the letter M, m.
- Also called mut, mutton. Printing.
- the square of any size of type used as the unit of measurement for matter printed in that type size.
- (originally) the portion of a line of type occupied by the letter M in type of the same size.
- em pica.
- a town in W Germany, in the Rhineland-Palatinate: famous for the Ems Telegram (1870), Bismarck’s dispatch that led to the outbreak of the Franco-Prussian War. Pop: 9666 (2003 est)
- a river in W Germany, rising in the Teutoburger Wald and flowing generally north to the North Sea. Length: about 370 km (230 miles)
- European Monetary System
- enhanced messaging service: a system used for sending text messages containing special text formatting, animations, etc, to and from mobile phones
- Also called: mutton, mut the square of a body of any size of type, used as a unit of measurement
- Also called: pica em, pica a unit of measurement used in printing, equal to one sixth of an inch
- electrical muscle stimulation
- Emergency Medical Service
- electron microscope