- conferring new legal powers or capacities, especially by removing a disability; having the right to license or regulate: an enabling act; enabling power.
verb (used with object), en·a·bled, en·a·bling.
- to make able; give power, means, competence, or ability to; authorize: This document will enable him to pass through the enemy lines unmolested.
- to make possible or easy: Aeronautics enables us to overcome great distances.
- to make ready; equip (often used in combination): web-enabled cell phones.
- to provide (someone) with adequate power, means, opportunity, or authority (to do something)
- to make possible
- to put (a digital electronic circuit element) into an operative condition by supplying a suitable input pulse