verb (used with object)
- to provide with a permanent fund or source of income: to endow a college.
- to furnish, as with some talent, faculty, or quality; equip: Nature has endowed her with great ability.
- Obsolete. to provide with a dower.
verb (used without object)
- (of a life-insurance policy) to become payable; yield its conditions.
- to provide with or bequeath a source of permanent income
- (usually foll by with) to provide (with qualities, characteristics, etc)
- obsolete to provide with a dower