- Histology. any cell, tissue, organism, or substance that has an affinity for eosin and other acid stains.
- Cell Biology. a leukocyte having eosinophilic granules in the cytoplasm and usually a bilobate nucleus.
- a leucocyte with a multilobed nucleus and coarse granular cytoplasm that stains readily with acidic dyes such as eosin
- A type of white blood cell containing cytoplasmic granules that are easily stained by eosin or other acid dyes.eosinophilic leukocyte oxyphil oxyphilic leukocyte
- A microorganism, cell, or histological element easily stained by eosin or other acid dyes.