- of, relating to, or resembling a horse: a bold, equine face.
- a horse.
- of, relating to, or resembling a horse
- of, relating to, or belonging to the family Equidae, which comprises horses, zebras, and asses
1765, from Latin equinus, from equus “horse,” from PIE root *ekwo- “horse” (cf. Greek hippos, Old Irish ech, Old English eoh, Gothic aihwa-, Sanskrit açva-, Avestan aspa-, Old Church Slavonic ehu-, all meaning “horse”).
- Of, relating to, or characteristic of a horse.
- Of or belonging to the family Equidae, which includes the horses, asses, and zebras.
- Characteristic of or resembling horses or related animals, such as donkeys.