- of or relating to an established church, especially the Church of England, or the principle of state religion.
- (often initial capital letter) of, relating to, or favoring a political or social .
- a supporter or adherent of the principle of the of a church by state law; an advocate of state religion.
- (often initial capital letter) a person who belongs to or favors a political or social .
- denoting or relating to an Established Church, esp the Church of England
- denoting or relating to the principle of a Church being officially recognized as a national institution
- an upholder of this principle, esp as applied to the Church of England
“adherent of the principle of an established church,” 1846, from.