- stirred emotionally; agitated: An excited crowd awaited the arrival of the famed rock group.
- stimulated to activity; brisk: an excited buying and selling of stocks.
- emotionally aroused, esp to pleasure or agitation
- characterized by excitementan excited dance
- sexually aroused
- (of an atom, molecule, etc) occupying an energy level above the ground state
1650s, “magnetically or electrically stimulated;” modern sense of “agitated” attested 1855; past participle adjective from Excitedly.. Related: