- (on a lathe) a perforated plate, mounted on the live spindle, to which the work is attached.
- the part of a protective headpiece, as a diver’s or astronaut’s helmet, that covers the upper portion of the face, often of transparent material and sometimes movable.
- Also called face. Electronics. the glass front of a cathode ray tube upon which the image is displayed.
- a protective plate, as one surrounding an electric outlet or light switch.
- a perforated circular metal plate that can be attached to the headstock of a lathe in order to hold flat or irregularly shaped workpieces
- Also called: surface plate a flat rigid plate used to check the flatness and squareness of the faces of a component
- the part of a cathode-ray tube carrying the phosphor screen