- a section of a book or set of books being published in installments as separate pamphlets or volumes.
- a small bundle, tight cluster, or the like.
- Botany. a close cluster, as of flowers or leaves.
- Anatomy. a small bundle of nerve or muscle fibers.
- a bundle or cluster of branches, leaves, etc
- Also called: fasciculus anatomy a small bundle of fibres, esp nerve fibres
- printing another name for fascicule
- any small bundle or cluster
1620s, from Latin fasciculus “a small bundle, a bunch,” diminutive of fascis (see fasces). As “part of a work published in installments,” 1640s (also fascicule, from French). Related: Fasciculate; fasciculation.
- A bundle or cluster of stems, flowers, or leaves, such as the bundles in which pine needles grow.