- a ship carrying the flag officer or the commander of a fleet, squadron, or the like, and displaying the officer’s flag.
- the main vessel of a shipping company.
- any of the best or largest ships or airplanes operated by a passenger line.
- the best or most important one of a group or system: This store is the flagship of our retail chain.
- being or constituting a flagship.
- a ship, esp in a fleet, aboard which the commander of the fleet is quartered
- the most important ship belonging to a shipping company
- a single item from a related group considered as the most important, often in establishing a public imagethe nine o’clock news is the flagship of the BBC