- the act of bending a limb.
- the position that a limb assumes when it is bent.
- Chiefly British. flection(defs 1–3).
- the act of bending a joint or limb
- the condition of the joint or limb so bent
- a variant spelling of flection
c.1600, from Latin flexionem (nominative flexio) “a bending, swaying; bend, turn, curve,” noun of action from past participle stem of flectere “to bend” (see flexible).
- The act of bending a joint or limb in the body by the action of flexors.
- The condition of being flexed or bent.