noun, plural floc·cu·li [flok-yuh-lahy] /ˈflɒk yəˌlaɪ/.
- Astronomy. one of the bright or dark patches on the sun’s surface, visible in a spectroheliogram.
noun plural -li (-ˌlaɪ)
- a marking on the sun’s surface or in its atmosphere, as seen on a spectroheliogram. It consists of calcium when lighter than the surroundings and of hydrogen when darker
- anatomy a tiny ovoid prominence on each side of the cerebellum
- another word for floccule
n. pl. floc•cu•li (-lī′)
- A small fluffy mass or tuft.
- Either of a pair of small lobes on the posterior border of the cerebellum, forming part of the vestibular part of the cerebellum.