- a tube or box fitted with a screen coated with a fluorescent substance, used for viewing objects, especially deep body structures, by means of x-ray or other radiation.
- a device consisting of a fluorescent screen and an X-ray source that enables an X-ray image of an object, person, or part to be observed directly
- A device equipped with a fluorescent screen on which the internal structures of an optically opaque object, such as the human body, may be continuously viewed as shadowy images formed by the differential transmission of x-rays through the object.
- To examine the interior of a body with a fluoroscope.
- A radiologic instrument equipped with a fluorescent screen on which opaque internal structures can be viewed as moving shadow images formed by the differential transmission of x-rays through the body.