- a formation of aircraft in flight for observation from the ground, especially a prearranged, low-altitude flight over a public gathering.
- a flight over a simulated target by a bomber or bombing planes.
- a flight over a specified area, as for viewing: We booked a one-hour flyover of the Grand Canyon.
- the action of passing or flying overhead: rumors of another UFO flyover.
- British. an overhead crossing, especially a highway overpass.
- Informal: Usually Disparaging. noting a state or region of the U.S. between the East and West Coasts that is not typically considered to be a tourist destination and is flown over during intercoastal flights: What do those hicks in flyover country know anyway?
- Also called: overpass British
- an intersection of two roads at which one is carried over the other by a bridge
- such a bridge
- the US name for