Fort Knox noun
- a military reservation in N Kentucky, SSW of Louisville: location of U.S. federal gold depository since 1936.
Knox [noks] noun
- (William) Frank(lin),1874–1944, U.S. publisher and government official.
- Henry,1750–1806, American Revolutionary general: 1st U.S. secretary of war 1785–94.
- John,c1510–72, Scottish religious reformer and historian.
- Phi·lan·der Chase [fi-lan-der] /fɪˈlæn dər/, 1853–1921, U.S. lawyer and politician: secretary of state 1909–13.
- Fort. .
Related Words for fort knox, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , British Dictionary definitions for fort knox Fort Knox noun
- a military reservation in N Kentucky: site of the US Gold Bullion Depository. Pop: 12 377 (2000)
- John. ?1514–72, Scottish theologian and historian. After exile in England and on the Continent (1547–59), he returned to Scotland in 1559 and established the Presbyterian Church of Scotland (1560). His chief historical work was the History of the Reformation in Scotland (1586)
- Ronald (Arbuthnott). 1888–1957, British priest and author. A convert to Roman Catholicism, he is noted for his translation of the Vulgate (1945–49)