Fort Monroe noun
- a fort at the entrance to Hampton Roads, in SE Virginia.
- a military reservation in SE Virginia, SE of Hampton at Old Point Comfort.
Monroe [muh n-roh] noun
- Harriet,1861?–1936, U.S. editor and poet.
- James,1758–1831, 5th president of the U.S. 1817–25.
- MarilynNorma Jean Baker or Mortenson, 1926–62, U.S. film actress.
- William SmithBillThe Father of Bluegrass, 1911–96, U.S. musician, singer, and songwriter.
- a city in N Louisiana.
- a city in SE Michigan, on Lake Erie.
- a town in SW Connecticut.
- a city in S North Carolina.
- a town in S Wisconsin.
- Fort. .
- a male given name.
British Dictionary definitions for fort monroe Monroe noun
- James. 1758–1831, US statesman; fifth president of the US (1817–25). He promulgated the Monroe Doctrine (1823)
- Marilyn, born Norma Jeane Mortenson. later Norma Jeane Baker, sometimes spelled Norma Jean, 1926–62, US film actress. Her films include Niagara (1952), Gentlemen Prefer Blondes (1953), and Some Like It Hot (1959)