adjective, fur·ri·er, fur·ri·est.
- consisting of or resembling fur: a deep, furry rug in front of the fireplace; the furry undergrowth of the forest.
- covered with fur; wearing fur: Many furry animals are in danger of becoming extinct.
- obstructed or coated as if with fur: a furry voice; a furry tongue.
- Slang. terrifying; hair-raising.
adjective -rier or -riest
- covered with fur or something furlike
- of, relating to, or resembling fur
- another word for furred (def. 5)
- Also: furred (of the tongue) coated with whitish cellular debris