- a simultaneous or continuous discharge of firearms.
- a general discharge or outpouring of anything: a fusillade of questions.
verb (used with object), fu·sil·lad·ed, fu·sil·lad·ing.
- to attack or shoot by a fusillade.
- a simultaneous or rapid continual discharge of firearms
- a sudden outburst, as of criticism
- (tr) to attack with a fusillade
“simultaneous discharge of firearms,” 1801, from French fusillade, from fusiller “to shoot,” from fusil “musket” (see fusilier). As a verb from 1816.