adjective, gam·i·er, gam·i·est.
- having the tangy flavor or odor of game: I like the gamy taste of venison.
- having the flavor or odor of game or other meat kept uncooked until slightly tainted: The roast was still edible but was slightly gamy.
- plucky; spirited.
- lewd or suggestive; risqué.
- gross or squalid; unwholesome.
- a combining form with the meanings “marriage,” “union,” “fertilization, pollination,” of the kind specified by the initial element: exogamy; plastogamy; allogamy; also forming nouns corresponding to adjectives ending in -gamous: heterogamy.
n combining form
- denoting marriage or sexual unionbigamy
word-forming element meaning “marriage; fertilization,” from Greek -gamia, from gamos “marriage” (see gamete).
- Marriage; mate:monogamy.
- Procreative or propagative union:heterogamy.