- Slang. something that is extraordinarily pleasing or successful, especially a very funny joke.
- a person or thing that gasses.
- Herbert Spencer,1888–1963, U.S. physiologist: Nobel Prize in Medicine 1944.
- a drilling or well that yields natural gas
- Herbert Spencer. 1888–1963, US physiologist: shared a Nobel prize for physiology or medicine (1944) with Erlanger for work on electrical signs of nervous activity
- American physiologist. He shared a 1944 Nobel Prize for research on the functions of nerve fibers.