- the alteration, by surgery and hormone treatments, of a person’s physical sex characteristics to approximate those of the opposite sex: Born male, she now lives as a woman but has no plans for a sex change.
- male-to-female or female-to-male transformation involving surgery and hormone treatment
- a change in a person’s physical sexual characteristics to those of the opposite sex, often achieved by surgery
- (as modifier)a sex-change operation
- The modification of biological sex characteristics, by surgery and hormone treatment, to approximate those of the opposite sex.