- Biology. pertaining or according to genetics.
- of, relating to, or produced by genes; genic.
- of, relating to, or influenced by geneses or origins.
- of or relating to genetics, genes, or the origin of something
“pertaining to origins,” coined 1831 by Carlyle from Greek genetikos “genitive,” from genesis “origin” (see genus). Biological sense first recorded in Darwin, 1859. Related: Genetically. Genetical is attested from 1650s.
- Of or relating to genetics or genes.
- Affecting or affected by genes, as a disorder or deficiency.
- Of, relating to, or influenced by the origin or development of something; ontogenic.