- a combining form often corresponding to nouns ending in -gen or -geny, with the following senses: “producing or causing” (hallucinogenic); “produced or caused by” (cosmogenic); “pertaining to a gene or genes” (polygenic); “pertaining to suitability for reproduction by a medium” (telegenic).
- of or relating to a gene or genes
adj combining form
- relating to production or generationcarcinogenic
- well suited to or suitable forphotogenic
- Of, relating to, produced by, or being genes or a gene.
- Producing; generating:carcinogenic.
- Produced or generated by:cryptogenic.
- Suitable for production or reproduction by a specified medium:photogenic.