- of or containing germanium, especially in the tetravalent state.
- of or relating to the Teutons or their languages.
- of, relating to, or noting the Germanic branch of languages.
- a branch of the Indo-European family of languages including German, Dutch, English, the Scandinavian languages, Afrikaans, Flemish, Frisian, and the extinct Gothic language.
- Proto-Germanic(def 1).
- an ancient Indo-European language, the immediate linguistic ancestor of the Germanic languages. Abbreviation: Gmc
- of or containing germanium in the tetravalent state
- a branch of the Indo-European family of languages that includes English, Dutch, German, the Scandinavian languages, and GothicAbbreviation: Gmc See East Germanic, West Germanic, North Germanic
- the unrecorded language from which all of these languages developed; Proto-Germanic
- of, denoting, or relating to this group of languages
- of, relating to, or characteristic of Germany, the German language, or any people that speaks a Germanic language