- (in the French Revolutionary calendar) the seventh month of the year, extending from March 21 to April 19.
- (italics) a novel (1884) by Émile Zola.
- of, relating to, or like germs or a germ cell
- of, or in the earliest stage of development; embryonic
- the month of buds: the seventh month of the French revolutionary calendar, from March 22 to April 20
- Of, relating to, or having the nature of a germ cell.
- Of, relating to, or occurring in the earliest stage of development of an embryo or organism.