- a hunting or fishing guide.
- a male attendant or personal servant to a Highland chieftain.
noun, plural gil·lies. Scot.
noun, plural gil·lies.
- a truck or wagon, especially one used to transport the equipment of a circus or carnival.
verb (used with or without object), gil·lied, gil·ly·ing.
- to carry or be carried on a gilly.
- a low-cut, tongueless shoe with loops instead of eyelets for the laces, which cross the instep and are sometimes tied around the ankle.
- a type of tongueless shoe with lacing up the instep, originally worn by the Scots
- a variant spelling of gillie
noun plural -lies Scot
- an attendant or guide for hunting or fishing
- (formerly) a Highland chieftain’s male attendant or personal servant