- an elementary school.
- British. a secondary school corresponding to a U.S. high school.
- (formerly) a secondary school in which Latin and Greek are among the principal subjects taught.
- British (esp formerly) a state-maintained secondary school providing an education with an academic bias for children who are selected by the eleven-plus examination, teachers’ reports, or other meansCompare ,
- US another term for
- Australian a private school, esp one controlled by a church
- NZ a secondary school forming part of the public education system