adjective, gust·i·er, gust·i·est.
- blowing or coming in , as wind, rain, or storms.
- affected or marked by a gusty day. of wind, rain, etc.:
- occurring or characterized by sudden bursts or outbursts, as sound or laughter.
- full of meaningless, pretentious talk: gusty speechmaking.
- vigorous; hearty; zestful: a gusty woman.
adjective gustier or gustiest
- blowing or occurring in gusts or characterized by blustery weathera gusty wind
- given to sudden outbursts, as of emotion or temperament
c.1600, from Gustily; gustiness.+ (2). Related: