- A(lfred) B(ertram), Jr.,1901–91, U.S. novelist.
- Sir (William) Tyrone,1900–71, English stage director and producer.
- Woodrow WilsonWoody, 1912–67, U.S. folk singer.
- a city in central Oklahoma: the former state capital.
- a male given name.
- Samuel. 1782–1848, US chemist: invented percussion priming powder and a punch lock for exploding it, and discovered chloroform (1831)
- Sir (William) Tyrone . 1900–71, English theatrical director
- Woody, full name Woodrow Wilson Guthrie. 1912–67, US folk singer and songwriter. His songs include “So Long, it’s been Good to Know you” (1940) and “This Land is your Land” (1944)