- having undergone education: educated people.
- characterized by or displaying qualities of culture and learning.
- based on some information or experience: an educated estimate of next year’s sales.
- not having benefited from a comprehensive education
- having an education, esp a good one
- displaying culture, taste, and knowledge; cultivated
- (prenominal) based on experience or information (esp in the phrase an educated guess)
1660s, past participle adjective from educate (v.). As an abbreviated way to say well-educated, attested from 1855. Educated guess first attested 1954.