- a bag or box of leather, fabric, plastic, or the like, held in the hand or carried by means of a handle or strap, commonly used by women for holding money, toilet articles, small purchases, etc.
- facetious an incident in which people, esp sportsmen, fight or threaten to fight, but without real intent to inflict harm (esp in the phrases handbags at dawn, handbags at twenty paces, etc)
- Also called: bag, (US and Canadian) purse, (chiefly US) pocketbook a woman’s small bag carried to contain personal articles
- a small suitcase that can be carried by hand
- a commercial style of House music