adjective, hand·i·er, hand·i·est.
- within easy reach; conveniently available; accessible: The aspirins are handy.
- convenient or useful: A typewriter is a handy thing to have in the house.
- skillful with the hands; deft; dexterous: a handy person.
- easily maneuvered: a handy ship.
- W(illiam) C(hristopher),1873–1958, U.S. blues composer.
adjective handier or handiest
- conveniently or easily within reach
- easy to manoeuvre, handle, or usea handy tool
- skilful with one’s hands
- W (illiam) C (hristopher). 1873–1958, US blues musician and songwriter, esp noted for the song “St Louis Blues”
see come in handy.