- built into a computer’s hardware and thus not readily changed.
- (of a terminal) connected to a computer by a direct circuit rather than through a switching network.
- (of electrical or electronic components) connected by hardwiring.
- pertaining to or being an intrinsic and relatively unmodifiable behavior pattern: Every cricket has a hard-wired pattern of chirps.
- (of a circuit or instruction) permanently wired into a computer, replacing separate software
- (of human behaviour) innate; not learnedhumans have a hard-wired ability for acquiring language