- the flowering tops and leaves of Indian hemp smoked, chewed, or drunk as a narcotic and intoxicant.
- the dried resinous exudate of the flowering tops of this plant, containing larger amounts of the active ingredient.
- a purified resinous extract of the dried flower tops of the female hemp plant, used as a hallucinogenicSee also cannabis
- any hallucinogenic substance prepared from this resin
1590s, from Arabic hashish “powdered hemp,” literally “dry herb,” from hashsha “it became dry, it dried up.”
- A purified resin prepared from the flowering tops of the female cannabis plant and smoked or chewed as a narcotic or an intoxicant.