- a pain located in the head, as over the eyes, at the temples, or at the base of the skull.
- an annoying or bothersome person, situation, activity, etc.
- pain in the head, caused by dilation of cerebral arteries, muscle contraction, insufficient oxygen in the cerebral blood, reaction to drugs, etcTechnical name: cephalalgia
- informal any cause of worry, difficulty, or annoyance
- A pain in the head.cephalalgia
- Pain in the head, caused by stimulation of or pressure to any of various structures of the head, such as tissue covering the cranium, cranial nerves, or blood vessels. Headache can be a primary disorder, as in migraine or cluster headaches, or a common symptom associated with head injury or many illnesses such as acute infection, brain tumor or abscess, eye disorders such as glaucoma, dental disease, and hypertension. See also cluster headache migraine.