- coiled or curving like a spiral.
- Geometry. a warped surface generated by a straight line moving so as to cut or touch a fixed helix.
adjective also: helicoidal
- biology shaped like a spirala helicoid shell
- geometry any surface resembling that of a screw thread
- Arranged in or having the general shape of a flattened coil or spiral.
- Arranged in or having the approximate shape of a flattened coil or spiral curve.
- A surface in the form of a coil or screw. A helicoid is generated mathematically by rotating a plane or twisted curve about an axis at a fixed rate and simultaneously translating it in the direction of the line of axis, also at a fixed rate.