- of, relating to, or characteristic of an herb; herblike.
- (of plants or plant parts)
- not woody.
- having the texture, color, etc., of an ordinary foliage leaf.
- designating or relating to plants or plant parts that are fleshy as opposed to woodya herbaceous plant
- (of petals and sepals) green and leaflike
- of or relating to herbs
1640s, from Latin herbaceus, from herba (see herb).
- A flowering plant whose stem does not produce woody tissue and generally dies back at the end of each growing season. Both grasses and forbs are herbs.